Thursday, March 27, 2008

Spring Endcaps

Newer endcaps for the Spring. Going for more of a caricature style. Sir Strawberry started out inspired by fellow employee Rich, (well, mainly his nose) but turned into someone else. I made these with acrylic and latex paints. The line work was done with a paint marker. I am approaching these much like I do with an ink drawing digitally painted in photoshop, (although the painting is done first and lines last). The bold black lines really hold the work together and make it pop. Which is pretty important for sign work. I'm gonna play around with this style a lot more and see where it goes.



Equipped with the infamous green box cutter of justice and Hawaiian style breast plate.



The hula dancing Mrs. Potato Head may frighten the average customer. A little strange, but I had the idea and just rolled with it. I like the phrase "for a"low"ha price" though.



Potato chip bikini?



And finally a quick coffee sidestack with an exploding coffee bean volcano.

No comments: